Old 02-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Emmett Culley

Default QEMU configuration not persistent

Since switching from CentOS 5.7 to CentOS 6.x I find that one of the VMs will not restart upon system reboot. I finally figured out that the video is always set to vmvga after rebooting. In addition the VM's storage always reverts back to IDE from virtio and is set to use the wrong image.

It may be related to the fact that I moved the XML files that defined the VMs from the old (CentOS 5.7) /etc/libvirt/qemu directory to the new (CentOS 6.2) /etc/libvirt/qemu directory. The images are stored is the same LVM partitions as they were on the CentOS 5.7

Any ideas why a VM would revert back? I've checked the XML file before rebooting and it always has the correct info in it, until after the
reboot.

Emmett