-   -   Removing All Packages From Repository (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/632526-removing-all-packages-repository.html)

Matt 02-13-2012 07:54 PM

Removing All Packages From Repository

Is there a way to remove all packages from a certain repository such
as RPMFORGE?

Scott Silva 02-13-2012 08:18 PM

Removing All Packages From Repository

on 2/13/2012 12:54 PM Matt spake the following:
> Is there a way to remove all packages from a certain repository such
> as RPMFORGE?
I have done it by something like rpm -qa|grep rf and cat the list into rpm
-U... I don't have the exact incantation near me, but that will get you a start

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 02-13-2012 08:19 PM

On 02/13/2012 09:54 PM, Matt wrote:
> Is there a way to remove all packages from a certain repository such
> as RPMFORGE?

yum remove $(yum list installed | grep repoforge | awk '{ print $1 }')

where "repoforge" is the part of the repository name that show up in yum
list

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)