Old 02-13-2012, 05:42 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default displaying user and group names in chroot sftp

I am testing a chrooted environment for sftp using the
internal-sftp subsystem. Now that I seem to have SELinux
mostly out of the way, when I do an 'ls -l' after the sftp
login I see only numbers for the uids and gids.

When I was using scponly I simply had a local version of
/etc/passwd and /etc/group but these are evidently not
used by the internal sftp subsystem. Is there a way to
get the internal sftp subsystem to deliver names instead
of the numbers?

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241