FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
 
Default Adding Mandarin support - pointers?

I've had a request from one of my users to add Mandarin support. A few
quick googles gets me nothing, nor looking for "adding language support".
Anyone have a pointer to info on adding whatever packages/group packages I
need?

Thanks in advance.

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 PM
John Doe
 
Default Adding Mandarin support - pointers?

From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>

> I've had a request from one of my users to add Mandarin support. A few
> quick googles gets me nothing, nor looking for "adding language
> support".
> Anyone have a pointer to info on adding whatever packages/group packages I
> need?

Something like that?
yum install "@Chinese Support"

JD
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Rajagopal Swaminathan
 
Default Adding Mandarin support - pointers?

Greetings,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>
>
>> I've had a request from one of my users to add Mandarin support. A few
>> quick googles gets me nothing, nor looking for "adding language
>> support".
>> Anyone have a pointer to info on adding whatever packages/group packages I
>> need?
>
> Something like that?
> yum install "@Chinese Support"
>

Pardon my ignorance: should it be 'yum groupinstall "Chinese Support" ' ?

Just wondering. Haven't done any groupinstall in a while.

IIRC, at least for Indian languages, the base and openoffice related
RPMs seems to be different

Or I am growing too old for these things.
--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-13-2012, 04:08 PM
"John R. Dennison"
 
Default Adding Mandarin support - pointers?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:34:01PM +0530, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>
> Pardon my ignorance: should it be 'yum groupinstall "Chinese Support" ' ?

As per "man yum" if the package to be installed starts with '@' it is
interpreted as being a group name.





John
--
You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns
out that God hates all the same people you do.

-- Anne Lamott (10 April 1954-), American author, Bird by Bird
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-13-2012, 04:18 PM
 
Default Adding Mandarin support - pointers?

John Doe wrote:
> From: "m.roth@5-cent.us" <m.roth@5-cent.us>
>
>> I've had a request from one of my users to add Mandarin support. A few
>> quick googles gets me nothing, nor looking for "adding language
>> support".
>> Anyone have a pointer to info on adding whatever packages/group packages
>> I need?
>
> Something like that?
> yum install "@Chinese Support"

As I've never needed to do it before, I had no idea, and was a tad annoyed
that my google found nothing in the way of advice or howtos. With that,
thanks a lot, John, it worked, as reported by my user.

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org