Old 02-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Alexander Dalloz

Default Can I get rid of i86 packages and libraries on an x86_64 virtual server?

Am 12.02.2012 15:35, schrieb John J. Boyer:
> The server is a vpn with only 20 GB of storage. I would like to free up
> disk space. Even if I must keep some i86 stuff, I think I can get rid of
> the dev packages for it.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Add .i386 respectively .i686 (i.e. for glibc and openssl) to the package
names you want to uninstall.

Alexander

Old 02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Jim Wildman

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012, John J. Boyer wrote:

> The server is a vpn with only 20 GB of storage. I would like to free up
> disk space. Even if I must keep some i86 stuff, I think I can get rid of
> the dev packages for it.

Yes, you can get rid of them as long as nothing depends on them. One
easy way is to install rpmorphan. Don't use it blindly, but if you have
a lot of extra packages, it helps to sort through them.