Old 02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Jerry Geis

Default starting haldeamon on 6.2

haldaemon on 6.2 is not starting for me. (so I cannot run X).

doing dmesg and tail /var/log/messages refeals nothing.
doing strace -fv service haldaemon start says that g_malloc_n is not
found or undefined symbol

What might I be missing? I am fully upto date with yum. (x86_64 )

Very puzzling. I have other boxes running just fine. Its just this one
being stubborn.

Any thoughts. Did a bunch of searching and seems like they are talking
about titanium which I do not have.

Thanks

Jerry