Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM
"C. L. Martinez"

Default Problems with Microsoft Forefront proxy with yum

Hello all,

How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
configure http_proxy variable as a
"http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it doesn't
works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
luck.

Thanks.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Giles Coochey

On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
> configure http_proxy variable as a
> "http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it doesn't
> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
> luck.

Not tried this myself, but:

/etc/yum.conf

proxy=http://<proxyserver>:<proxyport>

Also, man yum.conf shows:

proxy url to the proxy server that yum should use.

proxy_username username to use for proxy

proxy_password password for this proxy

--
Message sent via my webmail account.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Giles Coochey

On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
> configure http_proxy variable as a
> "http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it doesn't
> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
> luck.

By the way, precise instructions are not too difficult to find:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using yum with a proxy server

--
Message sent via my webmail account.

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
"C. L. Martinez"

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Giles Coochey <giles@coochey.net> wrote:
> On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> *How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
>> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
>> configure http_proxy variable as a
>> "http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it doesn't
>> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
>> luck.
>>

> By the way, precise instructions are not too difficult to find:
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using yum with a proxy server
>

> --

Yes Giles, but my problem is with a Forefront proxy when I need to use
an AD to authenticate users ... With s squid proxy, it is easy to
configure proxy options under yum.conf ...

Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Giles Coochey

On 2012-02-09 15:57, C. L. Martinez wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Giles Coochey <giles@coochey.net>
> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> *How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
>>> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
>>> configure http_proxy variable as a
>>> "http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it
>>> doesn't
>>> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also
>>> without
>>> luck.
>>>

>> By the way, precise instructions are not too difficult to find:
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using yum with a proxy server
>>

>> --
>
> Yes Giles, but my problem is with a Forefront proxy when I need to
> use
> an AD to authenticate users ... With s squid proxy, it is easy to
> configure proxy options under yum.conf ...

I see, so it might be a little more complicated:

http://androidyou.blogspot.com/2010/11/yum-updates-through-microsoft-isa-proxy.html

--
Message sent via my webmail account.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Les Mikesell

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Giles Coochey <giles@coochey.net> wrote:

> > Yes Giles, but my problem is with a Forefront proxy when I need to
> > use
> > an AD to authenticate users ... With s squid proxy, it is easy to
> > configure proxy options under yum.conf ...
>

> I see, so it might be a little more complicated:
>

> http://androidyou.blogspot.com/2010/11/yum-updates-through-microsoft-isa-proxy.html

Can you get an ssh connection through to somewhere a normal squid proxy can
work? If so you can port-forward to reach it like:

In one terminal window:
ssh -L3128:squid_host:3128 relay_host (perhaps the same host running
squid...)
and in another:
http_proxy=http://localhost:3128 ftp_proxy=http://localhost:3128 yum update

If you are really desperate, you might try installing VMware Player on
windows configured for NAT networking with a Centos guest. I believe that
will piggyback your outbound connections through your windows host and its
isa firewall client.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 02-11-2012, 02:22 AM
Ross Walker

On Feb 9, 2012, at 10:57 AM, "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Giles Coochey <giles@coochey.net> wrote:
>> On 2012-02-09 15:35, C. L. Martinez wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> How can I configure yum to download updates when I need to
>>> authenticate to a Microsoft Forefront proxy?? I have tried to
>>> configure http_proxy variable as a
>>> "http_proxy="http://DOMAINuserasswd@proxyort/", but it doesn't
>>> works ... I have tried to set http_user and http_passwd also without
>>> luck.
>>>

>> By the way, precise instructions are not too difficult to find:
>>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=using yum with a proxy server
>>

>> --
>
> Yes Giles, but my problem is with a Forefront proxy when I need to use
> an AD to authenticate users ... With s squid proxy, it is easy to
> configure proxy options under yum.conf ...

I do yum through Forefront TMG and you need to set proxy to accept both Integrated and Basic authentication.

If you can't do that because of policy/politics see if port 80 from that box's IP can have anonymous access to the centos mirrors.

-Ross