Old 02-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Anand Jeyahar

Default python26-memcached on centOS 5.5

Hi,
Is anyone here running memcached + python2.6 + django setup on a CentOS 5.5?? Am trying to set one up here and have trouble with the python26-memcached installation.
So far i have installed (via yum):

1.python26
2. python26-memcached
3. libevent
4. memcached-devel

Now when i try to run `import memcache` from the python2.6 shell i get an ImportError: No module named memcache.
The python26 installation picks up other modules(django etc..) fine. So there's no configuration problem from python26 interpreter.

I am not able to figure out the problem. Any ideas/suggestions? Is building from source my only way out??

Thanks and Regards
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________-

Thanks and Regards
Anand Jeyahar
Senior Systems Analyst,
CSSCorp Pvt. Ltd.,
Mob: +91 80561 33088
Extn: 7101080

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Demand Media, Inc. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Anand Jeyahar

Hi all,
thanks a lot. Turns out that rpm is just a place holder.. i figured out the rpm -qpil command and realized i had to build from source. got it(memcached) running now.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________-

Thanks and Regards
Anand Jeyahar
Senior Systems Analyst,
CSSCorp Pvt. Ltd.,
Mob: +91 80561 33088

Old 02-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Ian Forde

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Anand Jeyahar
<Anand.Jeyahar@demandmedia.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> *thanks a lot. Turns out that rpm is just a place holder.. i figured out the rpm -qpil command and realized i had to build from *source. got it(memcached) running now.

> Thanks and Regards
> Anand Jeyahar
> Senior Systems Analyst,
> CSSCorp Pvt. Ltd.,
> Mob: *+91 80561 33088

uh... 'yum install memcached' would have done it...