Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 PM
"cbulist@gmail.com"

Default Create Virtual Machine via HTTP or FTP

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Virtual Machine using Network Install mode (I
tried HTTP and FTP).
The HTTP/FTP server where the installation files are located is the Host
Machine.
The URL that I'm using is: http://192.168.1.104/inst and the Automatic
detect option detects the OS without problem.
When the installation starts I got an error:
Unable to retrieve http://192.168.1.104/inst/images/install.img

I tried different path but I always get the same error.

The host machine is a Centos 6.2 (2.6.32.-220.el6.x86_64)

I really appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 AM

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, cbulist@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a Virtual Machine using Network Install mode (I
> tried HTTP and FTP).
> The HTTP/FTP server where the installation files are located is the Host
> Machine.
> The URL that I'm using is: http://192.168.1.104/inst and the Automatic
> detect option detects the OS without problem.
> When the installation starts I got an error:
> Unable to retrieve http://192.168.1.104/inst/images/install.img

If you point a browser @ http://192.168.1.104/inst/images/install.img does that
work?

Tom me@tdiehl.org Spamtrap address me123@tdiehl.org

Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 AM
"cbulist@gmail.com"

Old 02-09-2012, 02:54 AM
"cbulist@gmail.com"

On 02/08/2012 08:16 PM, me@tdiehl.org wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012, cbulist@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to create a Virtual Machine using Network Install mode (I
>> tried HTTP and FTP).
>> The HTTP/FTP server where the installation files are located is the Host
>> Machine.
>> The URL that I'm using is: http://192.168.1.104/inst and the Automatic
>> detect option detects the OS without problem.
>> When the installation starts I got an error:
>> Unable to retrieve http://192.168.1.104/inst/images/install.img
> If you point a browser @ http://192.168.1.104/inst/images/install.img does that
> work?
>
> Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I can see the files at the browser.

Sincerely,

Cesar

Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Mark Pryor

How did you populate
*** /inst

What media did you use?

I suspect you copied the net-install ISO to /inst

If you did the above, try again with minimal-install ISO

--
Mark

Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 AM
"cbulist@gmail.com"

On 02/08/2012 11:02 PM, Mark Pryor wrote:
> How did you populate
> /inst
>
> What media did you use?
>
> I suspect you copied the net-install ISO to /inst
>
> If you did the above, try again with minimal-install ISO

Hi Mark,

I used a DVD.
The command was:
cp -ar /path/DVD/. /var/www/html/inst