Old 02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
mcclnx mcc

Default where to download CENTOS 4.9 DVD image?

I want to CENTOS site and try to download version 4.9.* I found all download sites ONLY have 4.8 NO 4.9.

anyone know where can i download CENTOS 4.9 DVD image?

Thanks.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Pinter Tibor

On 02/07/2012 04:10 PM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> I want to CENTOS site and try to download version 4.9. I found all download sites ONLY have 4.8 NO 4.9.
>
> anyone know where can i download CENTOS 4.9 DVD image?
>
> Thanks.

The upstream provider did not respin media for the 4.9 release and therefore the CentOS project will also not respin our install media.

Installs moving forward will be off the 4.8 media and an upgrade will move you from version 4.8 to version 4.9.

We do this to maintain compatibility with 3rd party kernel drivers which are designed to be installed as part of the installation process.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 PM

In article <1328627423.71063.YahooMailNeo@web74406.mail.tp2.y ahoo.com>,
mcclnx mcc <mcclnx@yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
> I want to CENTOS site and try to download version 4.9.* I found all download sites ONLY have
> 4.8 NO 4.9.
>
> anyone know where can i download CENTOS 4.9 DVD image?

There isn't one. Please see http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS4.9
section 3, Known Issues.

The DVDs were not built for CentOS 4.9. The install method is to use the
4.8 install media and then do a "yum update" to update to 4.9.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield