FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-06-2012, 11:51 PM
"Jason T. Slack-Moehrle"
 
Default MySQL on CentOS 6 broken? No 'mysql' database?

Hi Guys,

I installed CentOS 6 and installed 'yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server'

When I try and start MySQL I get:
120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
/usr/libexec/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
120206 16:42:07 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233
120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended



if I go look in /var/lib/mysql I see:

-rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 10485760 Feb 5 16:53 ibdata1
-rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 6 16:42 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 5 16:33 ib_logfile1
drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 mysql
drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 test



and the 'mysql' is empty.

I dont understand, I have never had this issue. I assume that the 'mysql' directory should contain something?

So with this, I cannot do anything to get MySQL going!

I tried a 'yum upgrade' to make sure everything was up to date.

[root@www mysql]# cat /etc/*release*
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
cpe:/o:centos:linux:6:GA



Any thoughts?
-Jason

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Larry Martell
 
Default MySQL on CentOS 6 broken? No 'mysql' database?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle
<slackmoehrle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I installed CentOS 6 and installed 'yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server'
>
> When I try and start MySQL I get:
> 120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> /usr/libexec/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
> 120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
> 120206 16:42:07 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233
> 120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
> 120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
>
>
>
> if I go look in /var/lib/mysql I see:
>
> -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 10485760 Feb 5 16:53 ibdata1
> -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 6 16:42 ib_logfile0
> -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 5 16:33 ib_logfile1
> drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 mysql
> drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 test
>
>
>
> and the 'mysql' is empty.
>
> I dont understand, I have never had this issue. I assume that the 'mysql' directory should contain something?
>
> So with this, I cannot do anything to get MySQL going!
>
> I tried a 'yum upgrade' to make sure everything was up to date.
>
> [root@www mysql]# cat /etc/*release*
> CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
> CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> cpe:/o:centos:linux:6:GA
>
>
>
> Any thoughts?
> -Jason

Try running mysql_install_db and then starting the server.

-larry
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-07-2012, 12:18 AM
"Jason T. Slack-Moehrle"
 
Default MySQL on CentOS 6 broken? No 'mysql' database?

Larry,

Thanks, that was helpful.

-Jason

--
Jason T. Slack-Moehrle


On Monday, February 6, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Larry Martell wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle
> <slackmoehrle@gmail.com (mailto:slackmoehrle@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I installed CentOS 6 and installed 'yum install mysql mysql-devel mysql-server'
> >
> > When I try and start MySQL I get:
> > 120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql
> > /usr/libexec/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
> > 120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.
> > 120206 16:42:07 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 44233
> > 120206 16:42:07 [ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
> > 120206 16:42:07 mysqld_safe mysqld from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid ended
> >
> >
> >
> > if I go look in /var/lib/mysql I see:
> >
> > -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 10485760 Feb 5 16:53 ibdata1
> > -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 6 16:42 ib_logfile0
> > -rw-rw----. 1 mysql mysql 5242880 Feb 5 16:33 ib_logfile1
> > drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 mysql
> > drwx------. 2 mysql mysql 4096 Feb 5 16:55 test
> >
> >
> >
> > and the 'mysql' is empty.
> >
> > I dont understand, I have never had this issue. I assume that the 'mysql' directory should contain something?
> >
> > So with this, I cannot do anything to get MySQL going!
> >
> > I tried a 'yum upgrade' to make sure everything was up to date.
> >
> > [root@www mysql]# cat /etc/*release*
> > CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> > cat: /etc/lsb-release.d: Is a directory
> > CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> > CentOS release 6.2 (Final)
> > cpe:/o:centos:linux:6:GA
> >
> >
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> > -Jason
>
>
>
> Try running mysql_install_db and then starting the server.
>
> -larry
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org (mailto:CentOS@centos.org)
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:29 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org