Old 02-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Fajar Priyanto

Default Tools to change ssh password easily

Hi all,
I have an issue where I need to find an easy way to change ssh
password in 3 different machines at the same time, at least in one go.
Is there such tool? Preferably Web based.
Thank you.
Fajar

Old 02-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Rob Kampen

On 02/07/2012 01:04 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have an issue where I need to find an easy way to change ssh
> password in 3 different machines at the same time, at least in one go.
> Is there such tool? Preferably Web based.
Joking - right?
1. Why are you using password based authentication on ssh - these
machines must be on an isolated network and not accessible from the
internet otherwise the script kiddies will target you and compromise
your systems.
2. use webmin if you really need web based admin tools - but even here
it pays to block the webmin port (usually 10000) via your firewall and
use VPN or ssh tunnelling to gain access.
3. use private/public keys for ssh authentication - once set up, much
more secure and easier to operate.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 PM
John R Pierce

On 02/06/12 4:04 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have an issue where I need to find an easy way to change ssh
> password in 3 different machines at the same time, at least in one go.
> Is there such tool? Preferably Web based.

there is no such thing as a 'ssh password'. there are user passwords.

if you have a network of systems, you would be best off implementing a
shared authentication scheme such as LDAP or NIS, where all the systems
use the same central database for user authentication.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast