Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 PM
E Westphal

Default Google video chat on 5.7 using the Fedora RPM

I've tried to use the Google recommended RPM to enable video chat on
5.7. Get a long list of unsatisfied dependencies. Has anyone got this to
work and not created a boat full of problems? Is this something that
does work in 6 and just not in 5.7 - another reason to jump in and
update? Please advise. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 02/06/2012 04:22 PM, E Westphal wrote:
> I've tried to use the Google recommended RPM to enable video chat on
> 5.7. Get a long list of unsatisfied dependencies. Has anyone got this to
> work and not created a boat full of problems? Is this something that
> does work in 6 and just not in 5.7 - another reason to jump in and
> update? Please advise. Thanks.

The only way to meet the requirements is to build (at least optional for
use inside a library directory) all the required shared libraries to run
the package.

There are usually huge differences between the Fedora shared libraries
and the CentOS ones ... otherwise there would be no reason to have CentOS

Another option might be to build the program with CentOS shared
libraries (if that is possible, based on the program's source code).