Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Nikos Gatsis - Qbit

Default squirrelmail for 6.2

Hello list.
I have install centos-release-6-2.el6.centos.7.x86_64 and I cant find
squirrelmail.
Does any know why?

Old 02-01-2012, 12:21 PM
"B.J. McClure"

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 15:09 +0200, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:

> Hello list.
> I have install centos-release-6-2.el6.centos.7.x86_64 and I cant find
> squirrelmail.
> Does any know why?

Check epel repo.

squirrelmail-1.4.22-2.el6.noarch : webmail client written in php

Regards,
B.J.

CentOS release 6.2 (Final)

Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Giles Coochey

On 2012-02-01 13:21, B.J. McClure wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 15:09 +0200, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
>
>> Hello list.
>> I have install centos-release-6-2.el6.centos.7.x86_64 and I cant
>> find
>> squirrelmail.
>> Does any know why?
>
> Check epel repo.
>
> squirrelmail-1.4.22-2.el6.noarch : webmail client written in php

It may be available on the epel repo, but as it is just a bunch of
php's put into a webfile I tend to just get the tarball and configure
Apache/PHP to run it.
Does the rpm have any features beyond that? Patches / Plugins?

Squirrelmail has been fraught with issues in the past that allowed
spammers to use it to relay email. It may have been the fault of PHP, I
can't honestly remember. In any case 1.4.22 is the latest stable
version, so you should be ok to use the rpm in that repo for the time
being.

--
Message sent via my webmail account.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Alain Pan

Le 01/02/2012 15:24, Giles Coochey a crit :
>>> Hello list.
>> >
>> > Check epel repo.
>> >
>> > squirrelmail-1.4.22-2.el6.noarch : webmail client written in php
>> >
> It may be available on the epel repo, but as it is just a bunch of
> php's put into a webfile I tend to just get the tarball and configure
> Apache/PHP to run it.
> Does the rpm have any features beyond that? Patches / Plugins?

It is perhaps better to use the EPEL repository to get security updates
(if there are) ?

Alain

Alain Pan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Systme/Rseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fosss
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33

Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Giles Coochey

On 2012-02-01 14:40, Alain Pan wrote:
> Le 01/02/2012 15:24, Giles Coochey a crit :

>> It may be available on the epel repo, but as it is just a bunch of
>> php's put into a webfile I tend to just get the tarball and
>> configure
>> Apache/PHP to run it.
>> Does the rpm have any features beyond that? Patches / Plugins?
>
> It is perhaps better to use the EPEL repository to get security
> updates
> (if there are) ?

Is there a guarantee that a package is being actively maintained if it
is in the EPEL repository? I checked the FAQ and can't pin down what
they do in those instances.
I only say, as I have stated off-list, the reason I've not been using a
repo for some php packages is that I've found that they were sometimes
lagging behind with the current stable version, and that security issues
existed that had not been patched by the repo in question.

--
Message sent via my webmail account.