Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Jerry Geis

Default How does a linux DHCP machine inform DNS of its name and obtained address

I am using a number of DHCP devices on a network. Working fine with
CentOS 5 x86_64.
My question is now how do I tell the DNS (after I get my DHCP address)
about my devices
name and IP address so that others can find me by my machine name?

I thought that was an automatic thing - but it appears not.

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 02-01-2012, 02:10 AM
"Les Bell"

Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:

My question is now how do I tell the DNS (after I get my DHCP address)
about my devices name and IP address so that others can find me by my
machine name?
<<

I wrote this years ago, so it might need updating, but the basics should
still be the same.

http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/web/Dynamic+DNS+Updates+with+TSIG+for+Security?OpenDoc ument

Best,

--- Les Bell