Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Les Mikesell

Default rsync from rescue boot

If I boot a 5.7 install disk with 'linux rescue selinux=0', let it
start the network and detect the installed system, ssh seems to work,
but rsync fails with "rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes
received so far) [receiver]). Shouldn't it work as long as the
underlying ssh connection works? It doesn't prompt for the ssh
password and using -essh doesn't change it.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM

Les Mikesell writes:

> If I boot a 5.7 install disk with 'linux rescue selinux=0', let it
> start the network and detect the installed system, ssh seems to work,
> but rsync fails with "rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes
> received so far) [receiver]). Shouldn't it work as long as the
> underlying ssh connection works? It doesn't prompt for the ssh
> password and using -essh doesn't change it.

Les,

What commands are you using exactly? To or from the rescued host? Also, are
you using ssh non-standard ports?

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro