Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Jussi Hirvi

Default Htaccess management with GUI

My webhotel client wants to be able to manage password protection of
their website with GUI. They need to create and destroy directories, set
.htaccess authentication, and create usernames and passwords.

There seem to be a number of tools that do this, more or less:

http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/htaccessweb.htm

However, I have not found any good comparisons or reviews. Has anyone
tested this kind of tools?

- Jussi

Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM

Jussi Hirvi writes:

> My webhotel client wants to be able to manage password protection of
> their website with GUI. They need to create and destroy directories, set
> .htaccess authentication, and create usernames and passwords.
>
> There seem to be a number of tools that do this, more or less:
>
> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/htaccessweb.htm
>
> However, I have not found any good comparisons or reviews. Has anyone
> tested this kind of tools?
>
> - Jussi

webmin

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Mail Lists

On 01/31/2012 09:25 AM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
> Jussi Hirvi writes:
>
>> My webhotel client wants to be able to manage password protection of
>> their website with GUI. They need to create and destroy directories, set
>> .htaccess authentication, and create usernames and passwords.
>>
>> There seem to be a number of tools that do this, more or less:
>>
>> http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/htaccessweb.htm
>>
>> However, I have not found any good comparisons or reviews. Has anyone
>> tested this kind of tools?
>>
>> - Jussi
> webmin

I second this. I use webmin for the exact thing it works great. No guessing.

--
Brian ----- Get the latest Fremont, OH Weather
http://www.Fremont-OH-Weather.com

Old 01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
Jussi Hirvi

On 31.1.2012 16.25, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
> webmin

I was thinking about that, as I use webmin myself. I think, however,
that webmin is overkill in this case. At the moment I am testing
DirectoryPass

http://www.DirectoryPass.com/

...and it looks like nearly perfect for me, except it cannot actually
create directories. But I think my client can do without. The important
thing is that DirectoryPass supports multiple directories.

- Jussi