Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Mark LaPierre

Default lm_sensors

On 01/30/2012 04:33 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all
> Using lm_sensors, I can see few temperature indicator.
>
> M/B Temp: +39C (low = +15C, high = +40C) sensor = thermistor
> CPU Temp: +33C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = thermistor
> Temp3: +53C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = diode
>
> What is that Temp3? It's the hottest.
> Which one is the best to use if I want to use lm_sensor as a general
> indicator of my server room temperature?
> (my request to buy a Mini Goose temperature monitor is still pending).
>
> Thank you.
> Fajar.

Hmmm? Maybe your video card. When I was using nouveau I got the GPU
temperature but that stopped when I installed the Nvidia proprietary driver.

--
_
/(_)

Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Philippe Naudin

Le mar 31 jan 2012 05:33:33 CET, Fajar Priyanto a crit:

> Hi all
> Using lm_sensors, I can see few temperature indicator.
>
> M/B Temp: +39C (low = +15C, high = +40C) sensor = thermistor
> CPU Temp: +33C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = thermistor
> Temp3: +53C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = diode
>
> What is that Temp3? It's the hottest.
> Which one is the best to use if I want to use lm_sensor as a general
> indicator of my server room temperature?
> (my request to buy a Mini Goose temperature monitor is still pending).

I use the temperature of the UPS :
$ upsc OnduleurGeneralMGE@onduleur.lasb ups.temperature
023.0
(http://www.networkupstools.org/)

I have checked : it is a quite correct, if heavy, thermometer !

--
Philippe Naudin