Old 01-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Fajar Priyanto

Default lm_sensors

Hi all
Using lm_sensors, I can see few temperature indicator.

M/B Temp: +39C (low = +15C, high = +40C) sensor = thermistor
CPU Temp: +33C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = thermistor
Temp3: +53C (low = +15C, high = +45C) sensor = diode

What is that Temp3? It's the hottest.
Which one is the best to use if I want to use lm_sensor as a general
indicator of my server room temperature?
(my request to buy a Mini Goose temperature monitor is still pending).

Thank you.
Fajar.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:38 PM
John R Pierce

On 01/30/12 1:33 PM, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> What is that Temp3? It's the hottest.

depends entirely on the board. and who knows if those numbers are even
close to correct absolute values, as its very unlikely that lm_sensors
has been calibrated for your specific hardware.

> Which one is the best to use if I want to use lm_sensor as a general
> indicator of my server room temperature?

none of the above. you need something measuring intake air temps near
the chassis intake fan.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast