Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default ...

RFE for cool user/avatar image to use as default for
"other/guest" accounts in GDM on live spins and with installation

Best regards
Johann B.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Nicu Buculei

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:

RFE for cool user/avatar image to use as default for
"other/guest" accounts in GDM on live spins and with installation

We had an effort like this about a year ago and collected a number of
images: http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65

I think it would be *trivial* for the Art team to either resurrect those
submission or gather a number of new ones (it seems our team grew in
number since then), the real requirement would be for the desktop guys
to make use of those images.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:24 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

I think it would be *trivial* for the Art team to either resurrect those

submission or gather a number of new ones (it seems our team grew in

number since then), the real requirement would be for the desktop guys

to make use of those images.

I personally think the avatar images can be considered part of the gdm theming.* Do we need to have a discussion with the desktop team concerning the default 'face' image as part of gdm theming?

-jef

Old 04-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 09:24 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Nicu Buculei
> <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> I think it would be *trivial* for the Art team to either
> resurrect those
> submission or gather a number of new ones (it seems our team
> grew in
> number since then), the real requirement would be for the
> desktop guys
> to make use of those images.
>

> I personally think the avatar images can be considered part of the gdm
> theming. Do we need to have a discussion with the desktop team
> concerning the default 'face' image as part of gdm theming?

Not sure if you need to have a discussion. But we are actively looking
at the issue of better icons there, in particular for 'automatic login'.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Andreas Nilsson

Nicu Buculei wrote:

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:

RFE for cool user/avatar image to use as default for
"other/guest" accounts in GDM on live spins and with installation

We had an effort like this about a year ago and collected a number of
images: http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65

I think it would be *trivial* for the Art team to either resurrect
those submission or gather a number of new ones (it seems our team
grew in number since then), the real requirement would be for the
desktop guys to make use of those images.

Damn.
I knew there was something we missed last release. Anyone want to help
me out to get those in in upstream GNOME?

- Andreas

Old 04-02-2008, 06:11 AM
Nicu Buculei

Andreas Nilsson wrote:

Nicu Buculei wrote:
We had an effort like this about a year ago and collected a number of
images: http://www.isity.net/blog/?p=65

I think it would be *trivial* for the Art team to either resurrect
those submission or gather a number of new ones (it seems our team
grew in number since then), the real requirement would be for the
desktop guys to make use of those images.

Damn.
I knew there was something we missed last release. Anyone want to help
me out to get those in in upstream GNOME?

Make that the last two releases
Is there any way I (not being an upstream developer) can help with that?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Ralf Mardorf

quentin@64studio.com wrote:
> Simply reinstall the removed packages after the new ardour has installed.

If 2.4.1 and 2.5 won't "hurt" each other, I'll leave both versions until
I know that 2.5 is fine on my system. I have to say, that I never
checked out if 2.4.1 is fine .

I have to leave my computer now, I think I'll do the rest of my work in
the evening.

I'm more interested in making music with Reaper and QSampler first,
because they are absolutely new for me, okay I also don't know Ardour,
because I've done HD recording with Rosegarden ... hm, I need GIG files,
I only have soundfonts, but I will search for GIGs, while I'll make music.

Cheers,
Ralf

Old 02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 16:25 +0100, Thomas Bńchler wrote:
> Am 11.02.2010 15:32, schrieb Tomßs Acauan Schertel:
> > This is the second time it happens.
> > When upgrading kernel, I got this message:
> >
> > :: Parsing hook [autodetect]
> > /lib/initcpio/install/autodetect: line 17: other:swap:2: command not found
> > :: Parsing hook [pata]
> >
> > Am I the only one seeing this?
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Can you install testing/mkinitcpio to see if this is fixed, please?

I've seen that advise come up sometimes from a package maintainer. Can
this be assumed to mean (as I'm sure some will assume it to mean) that
its safe to cherry-pick just mkinitcpio from testing? Or does the tester
need to 'know' to -Syu from testing totally?

Nothing specifically at you, Thomas, more a general question (hence I'm
changing the title, its a different thread).

Old 02-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Thomas Bńchler

Am 11.02.2010 16:35, schrieb Ng Oon-Ee:
> I've seen that advise come up sometimes from a package maintainer. Can
> this be assumed to mean (as I'm sure some will assume it to mean) that
> its safe to cherry-pick just mkinitcpio from testing? Or does the tester
> need to 'know' to -Syu from testing totally?
>
> Nothing specifically at you, Thomas, more a general question (hence I'm
> changing the title, its a different thread).

In this case, it is safe (you will probably have to upgrade
device-mapper,lvm2,mdadm,cryptsetup,dmraid as well if they are installed
because pacman will otherwise abort due to conflicts).

In general, it is not always safe to do so, I guess the package
maintainer who suggests cherry-picking probably knows best. However,
testing is virtually empty now: there's 16 packages in there, so the
harm should be minimal in any case.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 PM
sinem

thank you