FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 AM
Elijah Karari
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

Hi,

I've been trying to install Zimbra Desktop 7 on CentOS 5.5 using the usual perl script provided. The issue is, I get a warning that my system does not have ia32 libs. I dug a bit on google and found out that 'there is no such package as ia32 libs for Centos'. I also tried all the suggested work arounds like glibc & stuff, can anyone shed more light on this?

Oh, the zimbra package is a .i686 package. Please help if you can.

Regards,
EK.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Frank Cox
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:55:46 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> Oh, the zimbra package is a .i686 package. Please help if you can.

yum localinstall nameofrpm

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 AM
Eero Volotinen
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

2012/1/16 Elijah Karari <elijah.karari@edf.co.ke>:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install Zimbra Desktop 7 on CentOS 5.5 using the usual perl script provided. The issue is, I get a warning that my system does not have ia32 libs. I dug a bit on google and found out that 'there is no such package as ia32 libs for Centos'. I also tried all the suggested work arounds like glibc & stuff, can anyone shed more light on this?
>
> Oh, the zimbra package is a .i686 package. Please help if you can.
>

I think the package name is compat-libstdc++-33.i686 at least on Centos 6.X

--
Eero
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Elijah Karari
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

It's not an rpm-based package, in fact, there are no rpm packages for zimbra desktop 7. Installation is via a perl script. Please provide info on ia32-libs for centos or its substitutes.

Thanks in advance.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Frank Cox" <theatre@melvilletheatre.com>
To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos@centos.org>
Cc: "Elijah Karari" <elijah.karari@edf.co.ke>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:07:52 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:55:46 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> Oh, the zimbra package is a .i686 package. Please help if you can.

yum localinstall nameofrpm

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Frank Cox
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 02:22:25 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> It's not an rpm-based package, in fact, there are no rpm packages for zimbra
> desktop 7. Installation is via a perl script. Please provide info on
> ia32-libs for centos or its substitutes.

Is there any particular reason why you don't simply use the 64-bit version of
this program on your 64-bit Centos installation?

I just looked at the download page for this outfit and I see a column
headed "Download 64-bit"

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Elijah Karari
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

Are you sure its Zimbra Desktop 7 & not Zimbra Collaboration Suite. If you really found it, kindly post the link. Thanks.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Frank Cox" <theatre@melvilletheatre.com>
To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos@centos.org>
Cc: "Elijah Karari" <elijah.karari@edf.co.ke>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 11:33:54 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 02:22:25 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> It's not an rpm-based package, in fact, there are no rpm packages for zimbra
> desktop 7. Installation is via a perl script. Please provide info on
> ia32-libs for centos or its substitutes.

Is there any particular reason why you don't simply use the 64-bit version of
this program on your 64-bit Centos installation?

I just looked at the download page for this outfit and I see a column
headed "Download 64-bit"

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
John R Pierce
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On 01/16/12 12:22 AM, Elijah Karari wrote:
> Please provide info on ia32-libs for centos or its substitutes.


those would be any of the various libraries with .i686 appended to the
package name. there's quite a lot. not sure how you'll figure out
what specific lib's you need.



# yum list lib*.i686
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* base: centos.mirrors.hoobly.com
* extras: mirror.spro.net
* updates: linux.mirrors.es.net
base
| 3.7 kB 00:00
extras
| 3.5 kB 00:00
pgdg91
| 2.8 kB 00:00
updates
| 3.5 kB 00:00
Installed Packages
libX11.i686
1.3-2.el6 @base
libXau.i686
1.0.5-1.el6 @base
libXext.i686
1.1-3.el6 @base
libXi.i686
1.3-3.el6 @base
libXtst.i686
1.0.99.2-3.el6 @base
....a few 100 deleted....
libxklavier.i686
4.0-7.el6_2.1 updates
libxklavier-devel.i686
4.0-7.el6_2.1 updates
libxml2.i686
2.7.6-4.el6_2.1 updates
libxml2-devel.i686
2.7.6-4.el6_2.1 updates
libxslt.i686
1.1.26-2.el6 base
libxslt-devel.i686
1.1.26-2.el6 base
libzip.i686
0.9-3.1.el6 base
libzip-devel.i686
0.9-3.1.el6 base





--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Frank Cox
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 03:51:46 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> Are you sure its Zimbra Desktop 7 & not Zimbra Collaboration Suite. If you
> really found it, kindly post the link.

I've never heard of Zimbra before, so I don't know the difference. I just ran
"Zimbra Desktop 7" through google and found a webpage with 64-bit and 32-bit
downloads on it.

It looks like this is some kind of a commercial program which someone is,
presumably, paying for. Have you considered contacting their technical
support department to ask them about it?

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
Elijah Karari
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

Let me give you the complete picture so that you may undrstand the predicament am in, the Zimbra collab. suite is completely open source, it has a desktop version which is only available as a .i686 package. see it for yourself:

http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zd-downloads.html

i installed compat-libstdc++ but it still doesn't work . This is the error message :

WARNING: ia32-libs is missing for x86_64 platform. This package is required to run Zimbra Desktop on 64-bit Linux.

Please help.....

----- Original Message -----

From: "Frank Cox" <theatre@melvilletheatre.com>
To: "Elijah Karari" <elijah.karari@edf.co.ke>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:35:05 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

Please read what I said:

> I've never heard of Zimbra before, so I don't know the difference. I just ran
> "Zimbra Desktop 7" through google and found a webpage with 64-bit and 32-bit
> downloads on it.

Otherwise, if it's open source then you should be able to download the source
code and compile it for your system.

Since I have no use for this thing myself I didn't bother to bookmark or save
any references for it; in fact I may have been looking at something entirely
different. Who knows? Check google and follow the first few links -- that's
all I did.


On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 22:01:59 -0600 (CST)
Elijah Karari wrote:

> Kindly send me the link where you saw the supposed 64 bit download for linux.
> FYI zimbra is an open source mail server.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
> From: "Frank Cox" <theatre@melvilletheatre.com>
> To: "CentOS mailing list" <centos@centos.org>
> Cc: "Elijah Karari" <elijah.karari@edf.co.ke>
> Sent: Monday, January 16, 2012 7:51:04 PM
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS
>
> On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 03:51:46 -0600 (CST)
> Elijah Karari wrote:
>
> > Are you sure its Zimbra Desktop 7 & not Zimbra Collaboration Suite. If you
> > really found it, kindly post the link.
>
> I've never heard of Zimbra before, so I don't know the difference. I just ran
> "Zimbra Desktop 7" through google and found a webpage with 64-bit and 32-bit
> downloads on it.
>
> It looks like this is some kind of a commercial program which someone is,
> presumably, paying for. Have you considered contacting their technical
> support department to ask them about it?
>
> --
> MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
> www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!
>


--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Real D 3D Digital Cinema ~ www.melvilletheatre.com
www.creekfm.com - FIFTY THOUSAND WATTS of POW WOW POWER!

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 AM
John R Pierce
 
Default ia32-libs for 64 bit CentOS

On 01/16/12 8:56 PM, Elijah Karari wrote:
> Let me give you the complete picture so that you may undrstand the predicament am in, the Zimbra collab. suite is completely open source, it has a desktop version which is only available as a .i686 package. see it for yourself:
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zd-downloads.html
>
> i installed compat-libstdc++ but it still doesn't work . This is the error message :

compat-libstdc++ comes in both .i686 and .x86_64 flavors. It provides
libstdc++ version 3.2.3, while the standard EL6 version is 4.4.6, both
come 32 and 64bit...

# yum list compat-libstdc++-33 libstdc++
...
Installed Packages
compat-libstdc++-33.i686
3.2.3-69.el6 @base
libstdc++.i686
4.4.6-3.el6 @base
libstdc++.x86_64
4.4.6-3.el6 @base
Available Packages
compat-libstdc++-33.x86_64
3.2.3-69.el6 base



is Zimbra even C++ ? if not, libstdc++ is the least of your concerns.


>
> WARNING: ia32-libs is missing for x86_64 platform. This package is required to run Zimbra Desktop on 64-bit Linux.
>


thats a remarkably INCOMPLETE picture. WHAT ia32 libraries are you
missing?



--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org