Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Johnny Hughes

Default yum update for CentOS 6.2

On 12/20/2011 02:10 PM, Luigi Rosa wrote:
> Shade.GE said the following on 20/12/11 21:04:
>
>> Can confirm that issue but currently only on my i386 boxes. The x86_64
>> updates fine to 6.2.
>
> Confirmed.
>
> Tried a yum clean all/yum update on an x86_64 and works as expected.
> The problem is limited to i386.

Looking now.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Luigi Rosa

Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
"Ashley M. Kirchner"

On 12/20/2011 12:57 PM, Luigi Rosa wrote:

> Don't know if it is a mirror synch issue or what else.
>
> Given a CentOS 6.1, if I give the commands:
>
> # yum clean all
> # yum update
>

> I get this output
>
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
> * base: it.centos.contactlab.it
> * centosplus: mirror.crazynetwork.it
> * extras: mirror.crazynetwork.it
> * rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
> * updates: mirror.crazynetwork.it
> http://it.centos.contactlab.it/6.2/os/i386/repodata/48da39a2e80a927a88946a36c63414964312e64f85c7b32c3c e553d2969f46d6-primary.sqlite.bz2:
> [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
> Trying other mirror.

[... snip ...]

I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed
a fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same errors
as the user above.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
"Ashley M. Kirchner"

On 12/20/2011 1:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed a
> fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
> the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
> after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same
> errors as the user above.

I should note, this too is an i386 system. Which unfortunately is
now dead in the water because the packages needed to put this server
back in production can't be installed due to yum throwing a fit.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> On 12/20/2011 1:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>> I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed a
>> fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
>> the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
>> after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same
>> errors as the user above.
>
> I should note, this too is an i386 system. Which unfortunately is
> now dead in the water because the packages needed to put this server
> back in production can't be installed due to yum throwing a fit.

If I can suggest a thought, I'm wondering if the mirrors list for i386 has
either an error, or a permission problem.

mark

Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Luigi Rosa

Old 12-20-2011, 07:54 PM
"Ashley M. Kirchner"

> If I can suggest a thought, I'm wondering if the mirrors list for i386 has
> either an error, or a permission problem.

I'd say error:

> yum update
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
* base: mirrors.tummy.com
* extras: mirrors.tummy.com
* updates: mirrors.tummy.com
base
| 3.7 kB 00:00
http://mirrors.tummy.com/mirrors/CentOS/6.2/os/i386/repodata/48da39a2e80a927a88946a36c63414964312e64f85c7b32c3c e553d2969f46d6-primary.sqlite.bz2:
[Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"

Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 12/20/2011 02:49 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> On 12/20/2011 1:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>> I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed a
>> fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
>> the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
>> after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same
>> errors as the user above.
>
> I should note, this too is an i386 system. Which unfortunately is
> now dead in the water because the packages needed to put this server
> back in production can't be installed due to yum throwing a fit.

For the short term, you should be able to remark out the mirrorlist=
line in [base] and un-remark the baseurl=mirror.centos.org line until
all the external mirrors are caught up.

Mirror.centos.org should be ok ... I have verified the file exists there.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:00 PM

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 12/20/2011 02:49 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>> On 12/20/2011 1:46 PM, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>>> I can also verify this error/problem/issue. I had *just* installed a
>>> fresh system yesterday with 6.1 (which I downloaded the day before as
>>> the latest) and as of this morning I can not install any packages, and
>>> after running a 'yum clean all', everything else causes the same
>>> errors as the user above.
>>
>> I should note, this too is an i386 system. Which unfortunately is
>> now dead in the water because the packages needed to put this server
>> back in production can't be installed due to yum throwing a fit.
>
> For the short term, you should be able to remark out the mirrorlist=
> line in [base] and un-remark the baseurl=mirror.centos.org line until
> all the external mirrors are caught up.
>
> Mirror.centos.org should be ok ... I have verified the file exists there.

Thanks, Johnny, for the quick response. Hope what Ashley posted helped
target the problem.

mark

Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
"Ashley M. Kirchner"

On 12/20/2011 1:58 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> For the short term, you should be able to remark out the mirrorlist=
> line in [base] and un-remark the baseurl=mirror.centos.org line until
> all the external mirrors are caught up.
>
> Mirror.centos.org should be ok ... I have verified the file exists there.

That certainly makes things work and after doing a massive update
yesterday 9after a fresh install of 6.1), I now have another massive
update ... Yesterday's update ran without problems, so the change
must've happened overnight.

Thanks for looking into the problem Johnny.