Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Johan Vermeulen

Default 2 network card setup

Dear all,

I have a question regarding 2 network card setup, when e.g. using dhcp.

Until a few months ago, I worked with OpenSuse. There in firewall
config, you had to assign each NIC to a zone,
either internal, external, DMZ or custom.

Without it not much would work.

I don't seen anything on CentOs in firewall config.

So how does this work in CentOs?

greetings, James

--
Johan Vermeulen
IT-medewerker

Opensource Software is the future.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Fajar Priyanto

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Johan Vermeulen
<jvermeulen@cawdekempen.be> wrote:
> Until a few months ago, I worked with OpenSuse. There in firewall
> config, you had to assign each NIC to a zone,
> either internal, external, DMZ or custom.
>
> Without it not much would work.
>
> I don't seen anything on CentOs in firewall config.
>
> So how does this work in CentOs?

In Centos the standard firewall settings are basic. Don't worry about
setting up zones, etc.
Unless you do want that setting.
What are you going to do with 2 network card? As gateway?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 AM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

Johan Vermeulen wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question regarding 2 network card setup, when e.g. using dhcp.
>
> Until a few months ago, I worked with OpenSuse. There in firewall
> config, you had to assign each NIC to a zone,
> either internal, external, DMZ or custom.
>
> Without it not much would work.
>
> I don't seen anything on CentOs in firewall config.
>
> So how does this work in CentOs?

maybe start by reading this:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=iptables+%20site%3Aredhat.com&l=1