Old 11-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Helmut Drodofsky

Default recommendations for encrypting files?

I would like to encrypt and decrypt Files sent as attachment in Linux, Mac and Windows Systems

Recommendations?

Best regard
Helmut

Old 11-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Frank Cox

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:19:29 +0100
Helmut Drodofsky wrote:

> I would like to encrypt and decrypt Files sent as attachment in Linux, Mac
> and Windows Systems

Just the file attachments and not the email itself?

gpg, zip/zipcloak/p7zip, Libre/Openoffice password function. Lots of other
options.

It depends on what kind of files you want to encrypt and how transparent and
"idiot-proof" you want it to be.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Alfred Farrington II

Take a look at truecrypt as well

Old 11-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Eero Volotinen

2011/11/19 Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky@internet-xs.de>:
> I would like to encrypt and decrypt Files sent as attachment in Linux, Mac and Windows Systems
>
> Recommendations?

gpg with public key encryption.

--
Eer