Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/599876-bind9-zero-day-bug-cve-2011-4313-when-will-there-update-centos-5-6-a.html)

Morgan Cox 11-18-2011 08:47 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
Hi.

http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347

There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.

Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?

I have looked here and couldn't see any info -
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-November/thread.html

- Is this the correct place to look for security update info ?

Cheers !
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Tru Huynh 11-18-2011 08:55 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:47:45AM +0000, Morgan Cox wrote:
> Hi.
>
> http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347
>
> There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.
>
> Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?
they are already released 4/5 in updates and 6/CR
but the announces are just not sent yet. We also need time to sleep ;)

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBEFA581B
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Christopher Chan 11-18-2011 08:56 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
On Friday, November 18, 2011 05:47 PM, Morgan Cox wrote:
> Hi.
>
> http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347
>
> There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.
>
> Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?
>
> I have looked here and couldn't see any info -
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-November/thread.html
>
> - Is this the correct place to look for security update info ?
>

[09:28:22] <Jeff_S> pj:
http://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/centos/6/cr/x86_64/RPMS/bind-9.7.3-2.el6_1.P3.3.x86_64.rpm
was already pushed to CR

That was about 8 and a half hours ago.

It's out for c5 too according to pj.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Morgan Cox 11-18-2011 08:58 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
Hi

That's good to hear

Thank you to everybody who works on this project !

regards




On 18 November 2011 09:55, Tru Huynh <tru@centos.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 09:47:45AM +0000, Morgan Cox wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347
> >
> > There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.
> >
> > Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?
> they are already released 4/5 in updates and 6/CR
> but the announces are just not sent yet. We also need time to sleep ;)
>
> Tru
> --
> Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBEFA581B
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Morgan Cox 11-18-2011 08:59 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
Hi

Can anyone confirm the correct location to see security updates for Centos ?

Or is the announce list the correct place?


Regards



On 18 November 2011 09:56, Christopher Chan <
christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

> On Friday, November 18, 2011 05:47 PM, Morgan Cox wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347
> >
> > There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.
> >
> > Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?
> >
> > I have looked here and couldn't see any info -
> >
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-November/thread.html
> >
> > - Is this the correct place to look for security update info ?
> >
>
> [09:28:22] <Jeff_S> pj:
>
> http://ftp-osl.osuosl.org/pub/centos/6/cr/x86_64/RPMS/bind-9.7.3-2.el6_1.P3.3.x86_64.rpm
> was already pushed to CR
>
> That was about 8 and a half hours ago.
>
> It's out for c5 too according to pj.
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

11-18-2011 08:59 AM

Bind9 zero day bug - CVE-2011-4313 - when will there be an update in Centos 5+6 ?
 
Hi!


http://ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/linux/centos/5.7/updates/x86_64/RPMS/


There is not yet the announcement, but the package seems to become latest


*iij repository
bind-9.3.6-16.P1.el5_7.1.x86_64.rpm 18-Nov-2011 08:08 1.0M

*RHEL
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2011-1458.html

bind-9.3.6-16.P1.el5_7.1.x86_64.rpm


## Wakaba Hirose

Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk@gmail.com>さん:
> Hi.
>
> http://www.debian.org/security/2011/dsa-2347
>
> There is updated packages for Debian (and Ubuntu) already.
>
> Do you know how long until Centos release an update to bind ?
>
> I have looked here and couldn't see any info -
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-November/thread.html
>
> - Is this the correct place to look for security update info ?
>
> Cheers !
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.