Old 11-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Michael Schumacher

Default nfs4 problem in CENTOS6

Hi,

This is slightly offtopic, but I have been trying to resolve that problem for two days now without much success. It looks like this may be something that works with CENTOS5, but not with CENTOS6!

I have two machines, fileserver1 and server5.
fileserver1 runs on CENTOS6 (virtualized, if this is important), server5 runs on Centos5. Both are running with the most recent updates.

Server5 is a machine to store backups on. Several servers, including fileserver1, are mounted with nfs4 on server5.

fileserver1 has this /etc/fstab:

---8<---/etc/fstab---
UUID=73254e19-895f-4190-b2e3-13a2b0bec9ce / ext4 defaults 1 1
UUID=ac658802-73e4-4c87-bb03-6f9af1ebc4f8 /mnt/data ext4 defaults 1 2
UUID=4836335a-2d66-4d12-9dec-7197dc772d77 swap swap defaults 0 0
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/mnt /mnt dazukofs
/ /nfsexport/root none bind 0 0
/mnt/data /nfsexport/data none bind 0 0
---8<---

AS you can see, /mnt/data is a partition mounted below /.

I am binding both partitions to /nfsexport/... and export them in /etc/exports with

---8<---/etc/exports---
/ server*.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,cross mnt,fsid=0)
/mnt/data server2.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e) server5.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)
---8<---

If I execute
[root@server5 ~]# /etc/init.d/nfs reload

I get

exportfs: /mnt/data does not support NFS export
exportfs: /mnt/data does not support NFS export

on the console, but nothing in the log-files.

On server5, I entered

[root@server5 ~]# mount -t nfs4 192.168.1.202:/ /mnt/nfs/fileserver1/root

successfully and

[root@server5 ~]# mount -t nfs4 192.168.1.202:/mnt/data /mnt/nfs/fileserver1/data

returns:

mount: pinging: prog 100003 vers 4 prot tcp port 2049

and hangs.

ctrl-c returns me to the prompt, but /mnt/data is not mounted.

The active mount /mnt/nfs/fileserver/root is working nicely, but if I cd into /mnt/nfs/fileserver/root/mnt and enter ls there, the console hangs infinetly.

As I wrote, server5 also mounts other servers filesystems without problems. All working systems are CENTOS5, the one not working is CENTOS6.

Any idea?

best regards
---
Michael Schumacher

Old 11-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 11/17/2011 03:43 PM, Michael Schumacher piše:
> I am binding both partitions to/nfsexport/... and export them in /etc/exports with
>
> ---8<---/etc/exports---
> / server*.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,cross mnt,fsid=0)
> /mnt/data server2.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e) server5.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)

In /etc/exports you are supposed to mount "/nfsexport/data" not
"/mnt/data". That is the problem.

/etc/exports:
/nfsexport server*.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,cross mnt,fsid=0)
/nfsexport/data
server2.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)
server5.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)
/nfsexport/root server2.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)
server5.pamas.local(ro,secure,no_root_squash,nohid e)

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...