Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Andreas Reschke

Default Difference in gnome between centos <> fedora

Hello,
I've on my home PC CentOS 6 and Fedora 13 on different disks. When I log
on the gnome enviroment at Fedora knows exactly which programm was started
at which desktop (for example: thunderbird on desktop 1, firefox on
desktop 2, nautilus on desktop 3, ..). The same procedure on Centos takes
all programs on the first desktop, so I must arrange the programs on the
right desktop.

Question: why kows the gnome of Fedora al the postions and the gnome from
CentOS doesn't? Is there a way to automaticly arrange the programs ?

Gru
Andreas Reschke

Old 11-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 11/16/2011 04:24 PM, Andreas Reschke piše:
> Hello,
> I've on my home PC CentOS 6 and Fedora 13 on different disks. When I log
> on the gnome enviroment at Fedora knows exactly which programm was started
> at which desktop (for example: thunderbird on desktop 1, firefox on
> desktop 2, nautilus on desktop 3, ..). The same procedure on Centos takes
> all programs on the first desktop, so I must arrange the programs on the
> right desktop.
>
> Question: why kows the gnome of Fedora al the postions and the gnome from
> CentOS doesn't? Is there a way to automaticly arrange the programs ?

I have created my own customized script for moving certain apps into
certain Workspaces (I use 6 of them), delayed for 60 seconds. Use only
part of the Title Name so you avoid having empty space in the
$Application variable.

Here is my script:
ProcessWindows(){
echo "Application= $Application"
# Process=$(pgrep -f "$Application")
# echo "Process= $Process"
# WindowID=`wmctrl -l -p | grep "$Application" | cut -f 1 -d " "`
# WindowID=${WindowID#0x}
# echo "WindowID= "$WindowID
case "$Application" in
"Pinger") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 5;;
"drlove@kancelarija") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 2;;
"Krusader") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 1;;
"Buddy") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
"Virtual") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
"Music") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
"Firefox") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 0;;
"Skype") wmctrl -r "$Application" -t 4;;
esac
# done
}

sleep 60