Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
fred smith

Default Centos 5.7--desktop icons are now a blank sheet of paper with the .desktop filename and they don't work

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:22:32AM +0100, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Vreme: 11/15/2011 03:25 AM, fred smith piše:
>
> > note that the Desktop folder contains a subdirectory named "radio stations",
> > and that its representation on the desktop looks correct. but when I click
> > on it to open up that folder, all its contents are also broken in the
> > same way.
> >
> > Anybody got any clues?
> >

> First remove all spaces from folder(s) and desktop files.
>
> Next, there was some trick when you create your own desktop files, I was
> receiving similar warning, but I am not sure (at the moment) what was
> the solution. While you change names, I will later on look for a solution.

Tried removing spaces. makes no difference.

did a reboot with forced fsck, on the off-chance that would fix something.
no such luck.

created a whole new user, who CAN create working desktop launchers. which
tells me it's something in my own login environment that's messing me up.
Wonder what that might be....

The Lord detests the way of the wicked