Old 11-15-2011, 03:17 PM
david

Default Centos6 and samba and nmblookup

Folks

I've installed Centos6 and Samba. I noticed that the program
"nmblookup" and a few other Samba related programs, documented in the
RHEL6 guide, are not included in Centos6. A search using YUM also
did not find "nmblookup", using the repositories:
base, centosplus, contrib, cr, epel, extras, updates, virtualbox

Has its functionality been moved elsewhere, or should I try to find
something wrong in my environment?

Thanks

David Kurn

Old 11-15-2011, 03:21 PM
John Hodrien

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, david wrote:

> Folks
>
> I've installed Centos6 and Samba. I noticed that the program
> "nmblookup" and a few other Samba related programs, documented in the
> RHEL6 guide, are not included in Centos6. A search using YUM also
> did not find "nmblookup", using the repositories:
> base, centosplus, contrib, cr, epel, extras, updates, virtualbox
>
> Has its functionality been moved elsewhere, or should I try to find
> something wrong in my environment?

yum install samba-client

jh

Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 PM