Old 11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Default Centos6 - Xfce - howto add usb automount

Vreme: 11/15/2011 04:11 PM, Johan Vermeulen piše:
> dear all,
>
> I configured Xfce on an Centos6 minimal install, I think its very fast,
> even on al 512Mb machine.
>
> But I don't have any clue how to make a usb automount on this.
>
> Anybody can help me with this?
>
> greetings, James

I think autofs package is needed, but not sure.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 11-15-2011, 02:39 PM

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Vreme: 11/15/2011 04:11 PM, Johan Vermeulen pi?e:
>> dear all,
>>
>> I configured Xfce on an Centos6 minimal install, I think its very fast,
>> even on al 512Mb machine.
>>
>> But I don't have any clue how to make a usb automount on this.
>>
>> Anybody can help me with this?
>
> I think autofs package is needed, but not sure.

That *is* what does it. It needs to be installed, and it will run as a
daemon.

mark

Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
"Mihai T. Lazarescu"

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 04:29:08PM +0100, Johan Vermeulen wrote:

> Op 15-11-11 16:11, Johan Vermeulen schreef:
> > dear all,
> >
> > I configured Xfce on an Centos6 minimal install, I think its very fast,
> > even on al 512Mb machine.
> >
> > But I don't have any clue how to make a usb automount on this.
> >
> > Anybody can help me with this?
> >
> > greetings, James
>
> answering my own question here ---> by installing Nautilus. That easy !

Nautilus is heavy, defeats somehow the whole purpose of using
XFCE. :-)

I'd suggest:

Thunar --daemon

to handle media automounting.

Mihai

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 11/15/2011 04:50 PM, Mihai T. Lazarescu piše:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 04:29:08PM +0100, Johan Vermeulen wrote:
>
>> Op 15-11-11 16:11, Johan Vermeulen schreef:
>>> dear all,
>>>
>>> I configured Xfce on an Centos6 minimal install, I think its very fast,
>>> even on al 512Mb machine.
>>>
>>> But I don't have any clue how to make a usb automount on this.
>>>
>>> Anybody can help me with this?
>>>
>>> greetings, James
>>
>> answering my own question here ---> by installing Nautilus. That easy !
>
> Nautilus is heavy, defeats somehow the whole purpose of using
> XFCE. :-)
>
> I'd suggest:
>
> Thunar --daemon
>
> to handle media automounting.
>
> Mihai

For NFS automounting I use autofs and create a link for that directory
to some other location (symlink) when you already mounted that directory
with "cd <name>" or "ls <name>".

So when I open symlink, NFS mount is automaticaly mounted.

Maybe you can use that for USB's.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)