Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Paras pradhan

Default bond of bonds

Hi,

I am trying to use Link-aggregation with redundancy between switches
that doesnot support SMLT in switches.

I have 4 network ports. First two are connected to a switch and
LACP/LAG is enabled. Third and Fourth ports connect to another switch
with another LAG group. I was thinking create two mode 4 bonds and
bond those bonds to mode 1 (Active/Passive) bond. But it seems this
is not supported yet in kernel (?). How do you guys handle this kind
of situation. (And yes without using SMLT between switches).

Thanks
Paras.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Fred Wittekind

Old 11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Benjamin Donnachie

On 15 November 2011 13:08, Fred Wittekind <rom@twister.dyndns.org> wrote:

> You can bridge two bonds together, and enable STP to prevent a loop.
> Although, don't get it wrong on a production network, it's not pretty.

Use decent switches, interlink them and create one big LACP bond across
both.

Ben

Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Paras pradhan