Old 11-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Phil Savoie

Default After Latest Update...

Hi All,

Using the following to ssh into my home to get mail, I suddenly get this:

ssh -o TCPKeepAlive=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=240 -L
110:192.168.100.108:110 phil@FQDN
phil@FQDN's password:
bind: Cannot assign requested address <----
Last login: Sun Nov 13 23:45:29 2011 from FQDN

I have never seen what I am indicating before and am wondering why this
would suddenly appear?

Thank you,

Phil

Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
"Giles Coochey"

On Mon, November 14, 2011 13:39, Phil Savoie wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using the following to ssh into my home to get mail, I suddenly get this:
>
> ssh -o TCPKeepAlive=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=240 -L
> 110:192.168.100.108:110 phil@FQDN
> phil@FQDN's password:
> bind: Cannot assign requested address <----
> Last login: Sun Nov 13 23:45:29 2011 from FQDN
>
> I have never seen what I am indicating before and am wondering why this
> would suddenly appear?

Do you have something listening on localhost:110 ?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Rob Kampen

Phil Savoie wrote:

Hi All,

Using the following to ssh into my home to get mail, I suddenly get this:

ssh -o TCPKeepAlive=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=240 -L
110:192.168.100.108:110 phil@FQDN
phil@FQDN's password:
bind: Cannot assign requested address <----
Last login: Sun Nov 13 23:45:29 2011 from FQDN

I have never seen what I am indicating before and am wondering why this
would suddenly appear?

I thought only root can perform action ports below 1024?

Thank you,

Phil

Old 11-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Akemi Yagi

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Phil Savoie <psavoie1783@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Using the following to ssh into my home to get mail, I suddenly get this:
>
> ssh *-o TCPKeepAlive=yes -o ServerAliveInterval=240 -L
> 110:192.168.100.108:110 phil@FQDN
> phil@FQDN's password:
> bind: Cannot assign requested address <----
> Last login: Sun Nov 13 23:45:29 2011 from FQDN
>
> I have never seen what I am indicating before and am wondering why this
> would suddenly appear?

Did you by any chance disable ipv6 by adding the following line to
/etc/sysctl.conf ?

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

If so, try commenting that out and run:

/sbin/sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf