Old 11-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Default binding additional IP addresses to centos6 on one interface

Vreme: 11/14/2011 01:28 AM, John R Pierce piše:
> On 11/13/11 4:15 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
>> 255.255.255.248 gives you 6 (six), not 10 IP's.
>
> and one of those 6 is typically reserved for the gateway IP, leaving 5
> usable hosts.

Does not have to be. System they are on can be designated gateway.

- Router A = ISP's router and default gateway to system B.
- System B (our server) has /30 subnet used to link router A (one IP)
and system B (other IP = xxx).
- On Router A route/direct /29 subnet (our 6 IP's) to point to System
B's main IP (other IP = xxx).
- Place all 6 IP's from subnet /29 as aliases to system B and DNAT/SNAT
internal IP's to them.

All router A will now is that traffic is coming from that /29 subnet
(those 6 IP's), and it will not care how they reached them. The response
traffic will be directed/routed via System B's main IP and system B will
accept them as it's own IP's and do what ever it is supposed to do.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Reindl Harald

Am 14.11.2011 12:03, schrieb nux@li.nux.ro:
> Jonathan Vomacka writes:
>
>> Reindl,
>>
>> A block of 10 IPV4 is not a lot, and they will all eventually be used.
>> My question is, my server IP is 66.80.x.x and my additional IPS are in
>> the 50.7.x.x range using a netmask of 255.255.255.248.
>>
>> Can the netmask be written in the range file like it is in the ifcfg-eth0:0?
>
> Reindl,
>
> Please do not top post

maybe you should open your eyes or learn to use you reply button which knows
better who wrote what and do not quote my name to anything i have not written

my only reply to this thread was at 0:35 and there was no top-post