-   -   Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/597076-centos-6-installation-problem-i7-machine.html)

c sawyer 11-11-2011 11:59 AM

Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine

I want to confirm that the solution posed by René re installing kmod-fglrx from elRepo also works well for HP Proliant servers (in my case DL360 G6) with ATI gfx to restore the text boot progress display and virtual terminals.* Kudos for ending a long and maddening search for a fix.

ref: https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32526

thx

Rajagopal Swaminathan 11-11-2011 01:06 PM

Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine

Greetings,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:29 PM, c sawyer <calsawyer@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I want to confirm that the solution posed by René re installing kmod-fglrx from elRepo also works well for HP Proliant servers (in my case DL360 G6) with ATI gfx to restore the text boot progress display and virtual terminals.* Kudos for ending a long and maddening search for a fix.
>

> ref: https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32526

You can use the HP setup disks.

AFAIK, HP Website does provide drivers for RHEL on its servers.
Haven't checked if it is available for RHEL6 though.

Rajagopal

Rajagopal Swaminathan 11-11-2011 01:11 PM

Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine

Greetings,

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert.html

> --
> Regards,
>
> Rajagopal

Rajagopal

Rajagopal Swaminathan 11-11-2011 01:16 PM

Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine

Greetings,

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
> <raju.rajsand@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,

>> AFAIK, HP Website does provide drivers for RHEL on its servers.
>> Haven't checked if it is available for RHEL6 though.
>
> http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert.html

further
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=388432 0&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884319 &lang=en&cc=us

This could be even better:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884320 &prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884319&swLang=8&ta skId=135&swEnvOID=4103

HTH

BTW, Hurray! I found Centos also listed as supported (in some models, I suppose)

Rajagopal

c sawyer 11-14-2011 08:49 AM

Centos 6 installation problem on i7 machine

Thanks, Rajagopal

Can't see any graphics driver for RHEL-anything on the HP support site.* No worries - the kmod from elRepo works just fine for me

cheers,

- cal

Greetings,
>>On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan ><raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

>>Greetings,*

>>AFAIK, HP Website does provide drivers for RHEL on its servers. >>Haven't checked if it is available for RHEL6 though.

>>http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/linux/hplinuxcert.html*

further http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=388432 0&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884319 &lang=en&cc=us

This could be even better: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884320 &prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884319&swLang=8&ta skId=135&swEnvOID=4103 HTH

BTW, Hurray! I found Centos also listed as supported (in some models, I suppose) --

Regards, Rajagopal