Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Scott Robbins

Default what is pirut called under CentOS6?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 06:35:38AM -0800, John Doe wrote:
> From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com>
>
> > I noticed that pirut is no longer part of CentOS6. Does anybody know if
> > there is a different graphical interface to yum that came to replace it?
>
> A Google search says:
> * "Pirut was the system level updating tool which PackageKit aims to replace in
> RHEL 6."

For what it's worth, many people on the Fedora forums find that they
have issues with PackageKit still, and use yumex instead.

The main developer, Richard Hughes, does seem happy to work on bugs when
reported.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Spike: We like to talk big... vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy
the world.' That's just tough-guy talk. Strutting around with
your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I _like_ this
world. You've got...dog racing, Manchester United. And you've
got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals
with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along
with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel
could pull it off. Good-bye, Picadilly. Farewell,
Leicester-bloody-Square.