Old 11-10-2011, 01:34 PM
"b.j. mcclure"

Default what is pirut called under CentOS6?

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:23 -0500, Boris Epstein wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I noticed that pirut is no longer part of CentOS6. Does anybody know if
> there is a different graphical interface to yum that came to replace it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Boris.

Have you tried yumex from rpmforge or epel (can't remember which)?

B.J.
CentOS Linux release 6.0 (Final)

Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 PM
John Doe

From: Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com>

> I noticed that pirut is no longer part of CentOS6. Does anybody know if
> there is a different graphical interface to yum that came to replace it?

A Google search says:
* "Pirut was the system level updating tool which PackageKit aims to replace in
RHEL 6."
* http://people.redhat.com/rhughes/media-repo.txt

JD