Old 11-08-2011, 02:52 AM
"James A. Peltier"

Default CentOS 6 Active Directory 2008 R2 kickstart

Hi All,

Anyone have a working CentOS 6 kickstart file that they are using to bind a host to Active Directory 2008 R2? I'm working on a full AD/Linux environment and would like to stand on the shoulders of others if they are already doing such a thing. I'm thinking I need to enable LDAP and Kerberos, although Winbind might also be the key here.

The config will ideally get the UID and GID from the AD UNIX Attributes tab and not some random UID/GID hash.

--
James A. Peltier
IT Services - Research Computing Group

Old 11-10-2011, 10:01 AM
John Hodrien

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, James A. Peltier wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone have a working CentOS 6 kickstart file that they are using to bind a
> host to Active Directory 2008 R2? I'm working on a full AD/Linux
> environment and would like to stand on the shoulders of others if they are
> already doing such a thing. I'm thinking I need to enable LDAP and
> Kerberos, although Winbind might also be the key here.
>
> The config will ideally get the UID and GID from the AD UNIX Attributes tab
> and not some random UID/GID hash.

There are quite a few pieces to put together here.

You want a correct /etc/krb5.conf, /etc/sssd/sssd.conf, /etc/samba/smb.conf,
and it makes sense for you to understand them.

This might be a starting point for the sssd end:

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/chap-SSSD_User_Guide-Configuring_Domains.html

That'll happily use AD SFU attributes, and kerberos integration with AD, with
kerberos tickets being used where they can (samba mounts, ssh, etc.).

jh