Old 11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Peter von Nostrand

Default Call supplicant on link detection

Dear all,
I have a working 802.1x structure with a bunch of Cisco switches, and a
couple of NPS RADIUS servers. 802.1x auhtentication with MSCHAPv2 is
working with Windows clients and I need to get some Centos clients into the
structure. I've been using wpa_supplicant and now it would be usefull to
have an auto start script when the interface detects a link and call the
supplicant to authenticate the user prior to request an IP to the DHCP
server.
I've seen on ubuntu-like systems a pre-up set of options.
Is there anything like that on Centos?

Exists some way to detect a link on the interface, start the supplicant and
after that start the interface with the configuration under ifcg-eth0 ?

Sorry if this was discussed previusly.

Thanks in advance.

--
Peter

Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 11/07/2011 02:27 PM, Peter von Nostrand piše:
> when the interface detects a link

What do you exactly mean by this? is this on Ethernet or...?

NetworkManager might have options you need, but I am for now not sure
what exactly needs to happen.

And are those CentOS clients CentOS 5's or 6's?

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Peter von Nostrand

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:

> Vreme: 11/07/2011 02:27 PM, Peter von Nostrand piše:
> > when the interface detects a link
>
> What do you exactly mean by this? is this on Ethernet or...?

Yes, I'm sorry, is a wired connection

> NetworkManager might have options you need, but I am for now not sure
> what exactly needs to happen.

I'd like to setup this without network manager, just scripts.

> And are those CentOS clients CentOS 5's or 6's?

Centos 5's

--
Peter