Old 03-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Primorec

Default Gnumeric

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

Primorec wrote:

> I've checked today here

> Extras Testing:

> i386 = http://centos.karan.org/el5/extras/testing/i386/RPMS/

> x86_64

> Sources

> Could not find gnumeric (yet).

> Am I looking into the right repository ?

That is indeed the right place - only, I've been shuffing machines and

drives around setting up some stuff in the DC. So the next push should

have the packages.

The 'gnumeric' problem for* the CentOS5.x is solved. There are* 2 solutions available.
Both of them work.
SOLUTION A)* (thanks to Michael A.P.)
wget* http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/epel-release-5-2.noarch.rpm

wget http://yellowjacketlinux.fileburst.com/yum/yjl/el5/yjl-repo-1-3.el5_1.yjl.0.noarch.rpm
rpm -i epel-release-5-2.noarch.rpm

rpm -i yjl-repo-1-3.el5_1.yjl.0.noarch.rpm
enable* yjl-misc in* /etc/yum.repos.d/yjl.repo
yum install gnumeric

SOLUTION B)* (found via google on Scientific Linux)
http://www.mail-archive.com/scientific-linux-users@listserv.fnal.gov/msg01563.html

repo file:
$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pjsl.repo

[pjsl]
name=PJ SL rpms
baseurl=http://pj.freefaculty.org/ScientificLinux/5/$basearch/

enabled=1

[pjsl-source]
name=PJ SL Linux 5 - $basearch - Source
baseurl=http://pj.freefaculty.org/ScientificLinux/5/SRPMS

enabled=0
#gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-EPEL
#gpgcheck=1

Good luck

Igor

--
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Randy Pausch

Old 09-10-2011, 06:40 PM
ken

Where do I find a gnumeric rpm? I must not have enough repos listed.
(I recently had to rebuild my system pretty much from scratch. )

Old 09-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Frank Cox

http://www.elders.princeton.edu/data/puias/6/x86_64/os/Addons/

Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
ken

On 09/10/2011 03:01 PM Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:40:47
> ken wrote:
>
>> Where do I find a gnumeric rpm? I must not have enough repos listed.
>
> http://www.elders.princeton.edu/data/puias/6/x86_64/os/Addons/

Thanks, Frank. That isn't the exact version I was looking for, but just
getting on that server and poking around I found
<http://www.elders.princeton.edu/data/puias/updates/5.6/en/addons/SRPMS/>
where resides gnumeric-1.6.3-15.PU_IAS.5.2.src.rpm.... So I'm on the
way. Thanks again.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Peter Kjellström

On Saturday, September 10, 2011 08:40:47 PM ken wrote:
> Where do I find a gnumeric rpm? I must not have enough repos listed.
> (I recently had to rebuild my system pretty much from scratch. )

EPEL is a widely used repo that carries gnumeric.

/Peter