Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 PM

Default C6 compatible wireless printers?

Hi,

Any success stories with C6 and wireless printers? Or maybe horror stories
and what products to avoid?

I'm looking at some HPs on amazon right now, some quite cheap, ~ 50, not
bad. Ideally they should have easy to refill cartridges.

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Patrick Lists

On 10/19/2011 09:40 PM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any success stories with C6 and wireless printers? Or maybe horror stories
> and what products to avoid?
>
> I'm looking at some HPs on amazon right now, some quite cheap, ~ 50, not
> bad. Ideally they should have easy to refill cartridges.

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 which works fine (wirelessly & via
Ethernet) with CentOS 5 so I would assume it should work with CentOS 6
too. It's definitely not in the 50 pound range though.

Regards,
Patrick

Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Scott Robbins

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 08:40:53PM +0100, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any success stories with C6 and wireless printers? Or maybe horror stories
> and what products to avoid?

I have an HP Photosmart, C4795, works fine with hplip, and a Brothers
2170W, which works fine with Brothers drivers.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Old 10-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Bowie Bailey

On 10/19/2011 3:47 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 10/19/2011 09:40 PM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Any success stories with C6 and wireless printers? Or maybe horror stories
>> and what products to avoid?
>>
>> I'm looking at some HPs on amazon right now, some quite cheap, ~ 50, not
>> bad. Ideally they should have easy to refill cartridges.
> I have an HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 which works fine (wirelessly & via
> Ethernet) with CentOS 5 so I would assume it should work with CentOS 6
> too. It's definitely not in the 50 pound range though.

We have a Samsung ML-2525W. I haven't tried it with CentOS, but one guy
here did set it up on Ubuntu without any problems and there are Linux
drivers available on their website. (We are using it on a wired
network, but aside from the initial printer setup, there shouldn't be
any differences)

This is a b&w laser printer. You didn't specify whether you were
looking for a laser or an inkjet.

--
Bowie

Old 10-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Bowie Bailey writes:

> On 10/19/2011 3:47 PM, Patrick Lists wrote:
>> On 10/19/2011 09:40 PM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Any success stories with C6 and wireless printers? Or maybe horror stories
>>> and what products to avoid?
>>>
>>> I'm looking at some HPs on amazon right now, some quite cheap, ~ 50, not
>>> bad. Ideally they should have easy to refill cartridges.
>> I have an HP OfficeJet Pro L7780 which works fine (wirelessly & via
>> Ethernet) with CentOS 5 so I would assume it should work with CentOS 6
>> too. It's definitely not in the 50 pound range though.
>
> We have a Samsung ML-2525W. I haven't tried it with CentOS, but one guy
> here did set it up on Ubuntu without any problems and there are Linux
> drivers available on their website. (We are using it on a wired
> network, but aside from the initial printer setup, there shouldn't be
> any differences)
>
> This is a b&w laser printer. You didn't specify whether you were
> looking for a laser or an inkjet.

Thanks all for the answers, sorry for not being more specific. I'm
looking for an inkjet printer for home use. I think I got the idea, anyway.
Thanks.

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro