Old 10-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Trey Dockendorf

Default Failed dependencies for libxslt-ruby on CentOS 6

I'm trying to install a gem named Fabulator on CentOS 6 CR x86_64. It's
failing on libxslt-ruby. This is the error I get when trying the gem
manually...

------------------------------
# gem install libxslt-ruby --no-rdoc --no-ri
ERROR: Error installing libxslt-ruby:

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb
checking for ruby/io.h... no
checking for inflate() in -lz... yes
checking for iconv_open() in -liconv... no
checking for libiconv_open() in -liconv... no
checking for libiconv_open() in -llibiconv... no
checking for iconv_open() in -llibiconv... no
checking for iconv_open() in -lc... yes
checking for xmlXPtrNewRange() in -lxml2... yes
checking for libxml/xmlversion.h... no
checking for libxml/xmlversion.h in
/opt/include/libxml2,/usr/local/include/libxml2,/usr/include/libxml2... yes
checking for xsltApplyStylesheet() in -lxslt... yes
checking for xslt.h... no
checking for xslt.h in
/opt/include/libxslt,/usr/local/include/libxslt,/usr/include/libxslt... yes
checking for exsltRegisterAll() in -lexslt... yes
checking for exslt.h... no
checking for exslt.h in
/opt/include/libexslt,/usr/local/include/libexslt,/usr/include/libexslt...
yes
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more
details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--without-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
--with-zlib-dir
--without-zlib-dir
--with-zlib-include
--without-zlib-include=${zlib-dir}/include
--with-zlib-lib
--without-zlib-lib=${zlib-dir}/lib
--with-iconv-dir
--without-iconv-dir
--with-iconv-include
--without-iconv-include=${iconv-dir}/include
--with-iconv-lib
--without-iconv-lib=${iconv-dir}/lib
--with-xml2-dir
--without-xml2-dir
--with-xml2-include
--without-xml2-include=${xml2-dir}/include
--with-xml2-lib
--without-xml2-lib=${xml2-dir}/lib
--with-xslt-dir
--without-xslt-dir
--with-xslt-include
--without-xslt-include=${xslt-dir}/include
--with-xslt-lib
--without-xslt-lib=${xslt-dir}/lib
--with-exslt-dir
--without-exslt-dir
--with-exslt-include
--without-exslt-include=${exslt-dir}/include
--with-exslt-lib
--without-exslt-lib=${exslt-dir}/lib
--with-zlib
--without-zlib
--with-iconvlib
--without-iconvlib
--with-iconvlib
--without-iconvlib
--with-libiconvlib
--without-libiconvlib
--with-libiconvlib
--without-libiconvlib
--with-clib
--without-clib
--with-xml2lib
--without-xml2lib
--with-xsltlib
--without-xsltlib
--with-exsltlib
--without-exsltlib
extconf.rb:114: undefined method `find_by_name' for Gem::Specification:Class
(NoMethodError)

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/libxslt-ruby-1.0.8 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/libxslt-ruby-1.0.8/ext/libxslt/gem_make.out
----------------------------------

I have installed libxslt and libxslt-devel via yum. I'm running ruby-1.8.7
and gem-1.3.7. Listing the gems available for xslt, and what catches my
eye is the x86-mingw32 items. Looking on CentOS 5 I found the package
"mingw32-iconv" in EPEL, but am unsure if that is what would solve this. If
it is, then could I simply build a CentOS 6 RPM from the SRPM for CentOS 5?
------------------------------
# gem search xslt --both

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

libxslt-ruby19 (0.9.8)
ruby-xslt (0.9.8)

*** REMOTE GEMS ***

blackwinter-libxslt-ruby (1.0.1)
libxslt-ruby (1.0.8 ruby x86-mingw32, 0.9.6 x86-mswin32-60)
libxslt-ruby-r19mingw1 (0.9.7)
libxslt-ruby19 (0.9.8)
polyrex-xslt (0.1.0)
rexslt (0.1.4)
ruby-xslt (0.9.8)

The gem I'm trying to install, fabulator, has the following dependencies...
-------------------------

# gem dependency fabulator --both
Gem fabulator-0.0.16
RedCloth (>= 4.2.0, runtime)
activesupport (>= 2.3.0, runtime)
libxml-ruby (>= 1.1.3, runtime)
libxslt-ruby (>= 0.9.7, runtime)
radius (>= 0.6.1, runtime)

Please let me know what other information may be useful in this case. This
is for a series of websites running Radiant that I've inherited and this is
all working in FreeBSD though that server is barely hanging on and so I'm
moving to my existing CentOS infrastructure. I'm about to try RVM but would
prefer to stick with yum based package and version management.

Thanks
- Trey

Old 10-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Trey Dockendorf

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Trey Dockendorf <treydock@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> polyrex-xslt (0.1.0)
> rexslt (0.1.4)
> ruby-xslt (0.9.8)
>

> The gem I'm trying to install, fabulator, has the following dependencies...
> -------------------------
>
> # gem dependency fabulator --both
> Gem fabulator-0.0.16
> RedCloth (>= 4.2.0, runtime)
> activesupport (>= 2.3.0, runtime)
> libxml-ruby (>= 1.1.3, runtime)
> libxslt-ruby (>= 0.9.7, runtime)
> radius (>= 0.6.1, runtime)
>

> Please let me know what other information may be useful in this case. This
> is for a series of websites running Radiant that I've inherited and this is
> all working in FreeBSD though that server is barely hanging on and so I'm
> moving to my existing CentOS infrastructure. I'm about to try RVM but would
> prefer to stick with yum based package and version management.

Well , it turns out mingw32-iconv was not the solution. I had to do the
most convoluted build process to get those RPMs and the error persists, but
thankfully there were some amazing step by step instructions ,
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5180.

Also seems that libiconv isn't solving this dependency issue because it's
now part of glibc-common.

If anyone has any advice or knows of a way to get libxslt-ruby installed,
please let me know.

Thanks
- Trey