Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Toralf Lund

Default Using SD-card reader? (Lenovo T61/Richo R5C822 controller/sdhci driver)

Hi

I'm trying to access an SD-card using the built-in reader on a Lenovo
T61 Laptop running CentOS 5.7. The unit is recognised by lspci:
# lspci
[ ... ]
15:00.2 SD Host controller: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro
Host Adapter (rev 21)
15:00.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller (rev 11)
15:00.4 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host
Adapter (rev 11)
15:00.5 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller (rev 11)

and a driver is loaded and appears to find the device - from
/var/log/messages:

Oct 13 09:30:48 i58524 kernel: sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller
Interface driver, 0.12
Oct 13 09:30:48 i58524 kernel: sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
Oct 13 09:30:48 i58524 kernel: sdhci: SDHCI controller found at
0000:15:00.2 [1180:0822] (rev 21)
Oct 13 09:30:48 i58524 kernel: ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:15:00.2[C] ->
GSI 18 (level, low) -> IRQ 225
Oct 13 09:30:48 i58524 kernel: mmc0: SDHCI at 0xf8101800 irq 225 DMA

But then what?? If I insert a card in the drive, nothing particular
happens. I mean, I the status LED on the unit lights up briefly, but
there is no automount or anything, and I get no messages in the system
log. And I can't find any appropriate devices under /dev. The card is
accessible when using WinXP on the same machine...

Help, anyone?

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.