Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Lamar Owen

Default CentOS 5.7 PHP upgrade

On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 03:26:03 PM m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> > yum list *php*
>
> clean all might be a good idea, but I always use escaped wildcards, so
> there's no chance of shell interaction. Works fine fer me. Here's the
> first bit of what I get:

Incidentally, kmail (for one MUA) renders an unescaped set of bracketing asterisks as above as being a trigger to bold the bracketed text, so it rendered as 'yum list <bold>php</bold>' here.... escaped asterisks don't do that.... It looked interesting seeing the php bolded in a command, though....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

Vreme: 10/12/2011 11:11 PM, Lamar Owen piše:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 03:26:03 PM m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>
>>> yum list *php*
>>
>> clean all might be a good idea, but I always use escaped wildcards, so
>> there's no chance of shell interaction. Works fine fer me. Here's the
>> first bit of what I get:
>
> Incidentally, kmail (for one MUA) renders an unescaped set of bracketing asterisks as above as being a trigger to bold the bracketed text, so it rendered as 'yum list<bold>php</bold>' here.... escaped asterisks don't do that.... It looked interesting seeing the php bolded in a command, though....

In your reply (HTML) Thunderbird shows entire php with stars in bold.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 PM

While everyone was right, John got the "Gold Star" award for reminding me
that this server has WHM Cpanel installed on it. So far the control panel
interferes more than it ever helps when I am trying to manually install
packages. Thank you all for your support, I have been very impressed with
the promptness and ability of the list. I am now running the newest
version on the machine by installing through the CP.

Thanks again
Alan