Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Default CentOS 5.7 PHP upgrade

I have 3 servers 2 of which run CentOS 5.5, and one with 5.7. I was able
to easily upgrade the PHP version to PHP 5.3.8 on the CentOS 5.5 boxes but
was thwarted on the 5.7. Does anyone have any tips for how to get PHP
5.3.x installed on CentOS 5.7?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Luigi Rosa

dev@nkmo.com said the following on 10/10/11 19:13:
> I have 3 servers 2 of which run CentOS 5.5, and one with 5.7. I was able
> to easily upgrade the PHP version to PHP 5.3.8 on the CentOS 5.5 boxes but
> was thwarted on the 5.7. Does anyone have any tips for how to get PHP
> 5.3.x installed on CentOS 5.7?

What's the error you get?

Ciao,
luigi

--
/
+--[Luigi Rosa]--

Light travels faster than sound.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM

Luigi,
I ran the following commands which worked flawlessly on the CentOS 5.5

root@378907 [~]# wget -q -O - http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic | sh

Atomic Archive installer, version 2.0
Configuring the [atomic] yum archive for this system

Installing the Atomic GPG key: OK
The Atomic Rocket Turtle archive has now been installed and configured for
your system

root@378907 [~]# yum update php mysql
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
* atomic: www5.atomicorp.com
* rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Update Process
No Match for argument: php
No package php available.
No Packages marked for Update

Alan

Old 10-10-2011, 05:36 PM
John R Pierce

On 10/10/11 10:30 AM, dev@nkmo.com wrote:
> root@378907 [~]# wget -q -O -http://www.atomicorp.com/installers/atomic | sh
>
> Atomic Archive installer, version 2.0
> Configuring the [atomic] yum archive for this system
>
> Installing the Atomic GPG key: OK
> The Atomic Rocket Turtle archive has now been installed and configured for
> your system

atomic rocket turtle? What is this? whatever it is, its not part of
CentOS.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast