Old 10-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Kenneth Porter

Default Virtual RPM howto?

Can someone point me to a howto or an example of a virtual package?

I'm building Diaspora (the open source competitor to Facebook) and I
figured it would be handy to gather all the prereqs into a virtual package.

I'm working from these instructions, which seemed to go fine on CentOS 6:

<https://github.com/diaspora/diaspora/wiki/Installing-on-Fedora>

Old 10-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Ned Slider

On 08/10/11 11:46, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Can someone point me to a howto or an example of a virtual package?

xorg-x11-drivers is an example of a virtual package in the distro. It
pulls in all the xorg-x11-drv-* packages as dependencies. Take a look at
the SRPM.

Hope that helps.