Old 10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Morgan Cox

Default Mock - Problems building Centos5 package on Centos6 - where can I ask for advice ?

Hi.

I am trying to use Mock to rebuild a .src.rpm file I have made for PHP 5.3.8
(for Centos6)

I have managed to install deps fine with mock.

When I try to rebuild the package though I get.

(from build.log)

+ cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4
cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4: No such file or directory
cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4: No such file or directory
cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4: No such file or directory
cat: /usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4: No such file or directory
RPM build errors:
Child returncode was: 1
EXCEPTION: Command failed. See logs for output.
# ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 --nodeps
builddir/build/SPECS/php.spec']
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py", line 70,
in trace
result = func(*args, **kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mock/util.py", line 328, in do
raise mock.exception.Error, ("Command failed. See logs for output.
#
%s" % (command,), child.returncode)
Error: Command failed. See logs for output.
# ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 --nodeps
builddir/build/SPECS/php.spec']
LEAVE do --> EXCEPTION RAISED

(I can post the full build.log if needed)

If this is not the correct place to ask about this can someone point me
where I can ask ?

Many regards

Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
John Hodrien

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Morgan Cox wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am trying to use Mock to rebuild a .src.rpm file I have made for PHP 5.3.8
> (for Centos6)
>
> I have managed to install deps fine with mock.
>
> When I try to rebuild the package though I get.

BuildRequires are wrong, since this SRPM requires files that aren't being
pulled in. Add BuildRequires to satisfy these missing requirements and it'll
work.

jh

Old 10-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Ilyas --

There is my build of php-5.3.8 for el6:

http://yum.aclub.net/pub/linux/centos/6/umask/SRPMS/php-5.3.8-4.el6.src.rpm

You can find here BuildRequirements.

Differences with upstream php:
- subpackage for mod_php
- subpackage with php-fpm init-scripts
- suhosin patch / module
- some other modules (rrdtools...) builds with php

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to use Mock to rebuild a .src.rpm file I have made for PHP 5.3.8
> (for Centos6)
>
> I have managed to install deps fine with mock.
>
> When I try to rebuild the package though I get.
>
> (from build.log)

> + cat /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
> /usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
> /usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4
> cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4: No such file or directory
> cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4: No such file or directory
> cat: /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4: No such file or directory
> cat: /usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4: No such file or directory
> RPM build errors:
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.90639 (%build)
> * *Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.90639 (%build)
> Child returncode was: 1
> EXCEPTION: Command failed. See logs for output.
> *# ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 --nodeps
> builddir/build/SPECS/php.spec']
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> *File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mock/trace_decorator.py", line 70,
> in trace
> * *result = func(*args, **kw)
> *File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/mock/util.py", line 328, in do
> * *raise mock.exception.Error, ("Command failed. See logs for output.
#
> %s" % (command,), child.returncode)
> Error: Command failed. See logs for output.
> *# ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bb --target x86_64 --nodeps
> builddir/build/SPECS/php.spec']
> LEAVE do --> EXCEPTION RAISED
>
> (I can post the full build.log if needed)
>
> If this is not the correct place to ask about this can someone point me
> where I can ask ?
>
> Many regards

Ilyas R. Khasyanov
Unix/Linux System Administrator
GPG Key ID: 6EC5EB27 (Changed since 2009-05-12)

Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Morgan Cox

Hi

Thank you for your extremely quick (and faster than support from any
company..) reply.

Sorry, can you give more detail ?

>From the look of the error the 'mock centos5' is missing these files :-

/usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4

- which come from libtool2 (on centos6)

Centos5 obviously doesn't have that version...

I noticed in the .spec file it has

%build
# aclocal workaround - to be improved
cat `aclocal
--print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}. m4
>>aclocal.m4

# Force use of system libtool:
libtoolize --force --copy
cat `aclocal
--print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}. m4
>build/libtool.m4

Ilyas , it isn't the fact that I can't build Centos6 PHP 5.3.8 - that works
fin in Centos6 - my issue is using the built src.rpm in mock so that it
builds for Centos5.

Thank you to everybody who responded.

Regards

Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Trey Dockendorf

On Oct 7, 2011 3:34 AM, "Morgan Cox" <morgancoxuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thank you for your extremely quick (and faster than support from any
> company..) reply.
>
> Sorry, can you give more detail ?
>
> >From the look of the error the 'mock centos5' is missing these files :-
>
> /usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4
> /usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4
> /usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4
> /usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4
>
> - which come from libtool2 (on centos6)
>
> Centos5 obviously doesn't have that version...
>
> I noticed in the .spec file it has

> %build
> # aclocal workaround - to be improved
> cat `aclocal
> --print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}. m4
> >>aclocal.m4
>
> # Force use of system libtool:
> libtoolize --force --copy
> cat `aclocal
> --print-ac-dir`/{libtool,ltoptions,ltsugar,ltversion,lt~obsolete}. m4
> >build/libtool.m4
>
> It also has - from the original .spec file I based it on:-
>
> BuildRequires: bzip2, perl, libtool >= 1.4.3, gcc-c++
>
> I have libtool installed in the mock enviroment ...
>
> Anyone know what i'm doing wrong ?
>
> Regards !
>

> On 6 October 2011 15:57, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, Morgan Cox wrote:
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I am trying to use Mock to rebuild a .src.rpm file I have made for PHP
> > 5.3.8
> > > (for Centos6)
> > >
> > > I have managed to install deps fine with mock.
> > >
> > > When I try to rebuild the package though I get.
> >
> > BuildRequires are wrong, since this SRPM requires files that aren't
being
> > pulled in. Add BuildRequires to satisfy these missing requirements and
> > it'll
> > work.
> >
> > jh

If your wanting PHP-5.3 for CentOS5 you may want to look at the IUS repo.
They provide PHP 5.2 and 5.3 for CentOS5.

If you send me your SRPM offlist Ill try to build it on my Mock environment.

- Trey

Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Morgan Cox

Hi trey.

I would prefer being able to build my own packages rather than rely on an
external repo.(that was I can always build what ever version I need to).

Its not the building of the RPM it the use of mock thats failing.

What is the best way of sending you the source RPM.

Regards

Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Morgan Cox

Old 10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Morgan Cox

Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 AM
Trey Dockendorf

If gmail will let u send a srpm just send to treydock@gmail.com. might have
to tar or zip if rpm files cant be sent. I recently rebuilt PHP for centos
6 in mock so may be able to help debug.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Morgan Cox

Hi.

Thanks I have managed to fix the issue.

Rather than modify a Fedora src.rpm - I used a Centos6 one.

I also changed the lines in the .spec file from

-------------

------------

----------------------
%build
# aclocal workaround - to be improved
cat `aclocal --print-ac-dir`/libtool.m4 >>aclocal.m4

# Force use of system libtool:
libtoolize --force --copy
cat `aclocal --print-ac-dir`/libtool.m4 >build/libtool.m4

It builds fine now !

Thank you so much for your offer of help though.

Keep rocking the 'free' world,

Regards