Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Bazy

Default Kerberos auth

Hello,

I'm thinking of implementing centralized authentication using Kerberos
on 48 servers, all Linux. I have no Active Directory. Can you please
point me out to where I should RTFM :-) maybe some of you have tips or
tutorials for me.

Cheers!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Sven Marcel Buchholz

Am 06.10.2011 10:38, schrieb Bazy:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking of implementing centralized authentication using Kerberos
> on 48 servers, all Linux. I have no Active Directory. Can you please
> point me out to where I should RTFM :-) maybe some of you have tips or
> tutorials for me.
>

> Cheers!
Hello,

the official Redhat handbooks are usefull:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/ch-kerberos.html

Greetings

Old 10-06-2011, 12:26 PM
David Christensen

Take a look at FreeIPA, aka RHEL IPA which uses kerberos. Much easier to deploy kerberos using it and client config I done via a client rpm.

David

Old 10-06-2011, 12:52 PM

> On Oct 6, 2011, at 3:38 AM, Bazy <bazy84@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm thinking of implementing centralized authentication using Kerberos
>> on 48 servers, all Linux. I have no Active Directory. Can you please
>> point me out to where I should RTFM :-) maybe some of you have tips or
>> tutorials for me.

Sorry, missed your email from 03:38, so I've also missed earlier
Hopefully, the tools have *slightly* matured since '06....

mark

Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Stephen Harris

http://www.kerberos.org/software/adminkerberos.pdf