Old 10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Wade Hampton

Default Firefox 7 on CentOS 5

Anyone have any luck running updated Firefox
on CentOS 5? We have CentOS 5 workstations
and need to update their Firefox but it dumps
core even when using the libstdc++ from Fedora 9.

I would like anything stable and secure beyond
Firefox 3 but can't find tarballs for anything
other than 7.0.1.

CentOS 5.5 i386 w/ updates
firefox-7.0.1.tar.bz2
libstdc++-4.3.0-8.i386.rpm from Fedora 9

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton

Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Wade Hampton wrote:
> Anyone have any luck running updated Firefox
> on CentOS 5? We have CentOS 5 workstations
> and need to update their Firefox but it dumps
> core even when using the libstdc++ from Fedora 9.
>
> I would like anything stable and secure beyond
> Firefox 3 but can't find tarballs for anything
> other than 7.0.1.
<snip>
If you're going to go for something not accessible by yum, why not install
from Firefox's website?

mark, *not* doing this, wants stable....