Old 10-02-2011, 02:11 AM
Fajar Priyanto

Default Tool to track files

Hi all,
Due to some reason, I will have to stop using Samba as our fileserver,
and instead replace it with SSH access only.
Users will be able to use WinSCP for it.

The question is, is there any tool to track files (what is new files,
deleted files by who, etc)?
In Samba I can do that. I don't know how if it's SSH access.

Thank you
Fajar.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Kwan Lowe

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 10:11 PM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri@arinet.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Due to some reason, I will have to stop using Samba as our fileserver,
> and instead replace it with SSH access only.
> Users will be able to use WinSCP for it.
>
> The question is, is there any tool to track files (what is new files,
> deleted files by who, etc)?
> In Samba I can do that. I don't know how if it's SSH access.
>
> Thank you
> Fajar.

Sounds like you may be having some PCI changes in store

You can enable auditing to track those kinds of events.. Not part of
SSH itself but can help fulfill some of the PCI type requirements.