Old 09-30-2011, 04:36 PM
fred smith

Default Firefox 7 vs latest Flash plugin vs CNN

I'm seeing a strange issue on my C-5.7 system.

running Firefox 7 with the very latest flash plugin.

browse to CNN, I can view any of the videos directly linked on the main
page, or directly linked on sub-pages.

but if I click on the video link at the top of the page (in the red bar)
Firefox displays the page as a list of "thumbnails" for each video with
a small viewer in the upper left corner, then hangs. the browser is
completely unresponsive at this point.

if I wait a minute (or two, or three) eventually a message appears in
the area where the video should be showing saying: "The flash plugin
has crashed." and a link to send a crash report.

So, I cannot play any of the videos on the "video" page.

however, I CAN play THE VERY SAME VIDEOS if I find a link to the
video from another page on cnn.

clearly there's something about the "video" page that confuses the
heck out of the "poor" flash plugin.

I haven't see anyone pos about this, so maybe I'm the only one having
this problem...

And it all works fine on my eeepc running Centos-6 with Firefox 7
and the same flash version.

Advice appreciated, thanks!

Fred

community.